Assistant General Counsel
Molina Healthcare Inc. is seeking an experienced health care
attorney to join its in-house legal team as Assistant General
Counsel. The successful candidate will be responsible for a wide
breadth of legal issues related to the operation of a health
- Provides expert legal advice and counsel to executives regarding matters of high complexity.
- Negotiates complex legal issues, acts independently, and makes decisions within broad parameters.
- Researches complex issues and manages outside counsel as needed.
- Leverages the following areas of legal specialization: managed care law, Medicare/Medicaid/Marketplace regulatory compliance, provider contracting, health plan operations, HIPAA.
- A member in good standing of a state bar with a minimum of seven years of healthcare legal experience, gained either in-house or in private practice, with a track record of success.
- A minimum of three to four years of experience representing managed care organizations.
- Prior health plan experience, including with Medicaid, Medicare, and Marketplace product lines.
- Experience with claims review, contract drafting, HIPAA/HITECH, and provider disputes.
- Prior experience working closely with those in senior leadership roles, whether in-house or while representing large healthcare clients in private practice.
- General transactional experience, especially experience with health plan transactions.
- Must be detail-oriented, self-motivated, a quick learner and have a strong work ethic.
- Capable of working independently and producing consistently efficient, high-quality work product.
- Ability to work well as part of a team and interface as needed with colleagues throughout the business.
- Must have exceptional legal research and writing skills.
- Specific experience working for a publicly traded company is preferred.
- Juris Doctorate
- State bar membership
Pay Range: $140,795-$274,550 a year*
*Actual compensation may vary from posting based on geographic location, work experience, education, and/or skill level.
To all current Molina employees: If you are interested in applying for this position, please apply through the intranet job listing.
Molina Healthcare offers a competitive benefits and compensation package. Molina Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) M/F/D/V.
Please apply for this position on Molina Healthcare’s website Careers page.