Carl Zeiss Meditec, Inc.
The Corporate Counsel reports to the General Counsel and provides
general legal support to our rapidly expanding US commercial
operations. The primary role of the Corporate Counsel is to serve
as a strategic legal partner to the US Sales and Service
organization on commercial and business transactions by drafting
and negotiating contracts with customers, distributors and
vendors; advising on compliance with privacy and data security,
advertising and promotion, anti-kickback, false claims, and fraud
and abuse laws; managing litigation and pre-litigation disputes;
as well as protecting IP rights, creating templates and
playbooks, drafting policies, and providing internal
We are looking for people who are keen to try something new:
- Serves as a legal advisor to company on commercial and business transactions and day-to-day legal issues involving privacy, data security, and healthcare and regulatory compliance. Prepares contracts, correspondence and other documents related to a variety of sales, service and other operational matters; including, but not limited to, sale / lease / rental, business associate, group purchasing organization, research / development, distribution, clinical and post-approval investigation, consulting, non-disclosure, sponsorship, manufacturing and supply, license, marketing and advertising, vendor/contractor and employment agreements.
- Supports corporate governance and compliance programs (e.g. Code of Conduct) developing policies, processes and procedures, as well as leading training and investigations.
- Provide project management, implementation and training in key areas, including contracting policy and procedures across Finance, Sales, Service and other departments.
- Collaborate with the company’s compliance, privacy, product security, IT and insurance teams to understand and ensure consistency of agreement terms with the company’s business, financial and risk management objectives.
- Manages outside counsel on US litigation matters, and advises internal clients on pre-litigation disputes and correspondence.
- Contributes to ongoing process improvement and problem solving by the legal department.
- Proactively anticipates, guards against, provides timely evaluation and guidance of, and proposes mitigation strategies for and advises management of potential risks in contractual, regulatory, compliance, patient and consumer privacy, financial and legal areas.
- Maintain knowledge of medical device industry, legislative trends and best practices.
- Provide legal perspective in corporate Risk Management / QM assessment for the legal entity.
- US J.D. or LL.M. degree and a member of a state bar, 6+ years of relevant law firm and/or in-house experience (medical device / pharmaceutical industry preferred).
- Strong commercial experience, including drafting and negotiating high-value sales contracts.
- Demonstrated expertise advising on the legal aspects of medical device sales, regulatory and healthcare compliance, and patient and consumer privacy.
- Ability to understand complex issues, assess risk, and provide concise business-focused legal advice.
- Strong organizational skills – highly responsive and able to prioritize and manage simultaneous projects with tight deadlines.
- Ability to lead projects independently and with minimal supervision, and to work in team settings by generating trust and building alliances across a matrixed global organization.
- A conceptual thinker – strategic and pragmatic with excellent
oral and written communication skills.
(If any, describes physically uncomfortable conditions, travel requirements, heavy lifting, etc., ref. ADA)
- This position may be required to travel occasionally.
To apply, please submit the online application form, available at: https://live.solique.ch/microsites/showPublication/420aa0fb-b5a6-461e-8e39-28731f0d8a95?_ga=2.70325912.963484676.1620258178-1944422770.1620258178