How you will make an impact:
- Provides legal advice and counsel to internal clients to enable the company to maximize/grow business and promote corporate values in accordance with local/state/federal laws.
- Supports and/or lead other projects as assigned by Assistant General Counsel.
- Researches, analyzes, and keeps current on laws, regulations, and court decisions affecting the company and the industry as a whole.
- Empowers business solutioning that avoids legal challenges and compliance issues.
- Develops, reviews, and negotiates contracts.
- Leverages legal expertise to execute projects and initiatives under the direction of a practice group leader or other functional leadership.
- As needed, escalates complex questions of legal interpretation or risk to practice group leaders or more senior counsels to explore legal solutions.
This list is not all-inclusive and you are expected to perform other duties as requested or assigned.
What we look for:
- Bar admission in good standing.
- 2+ w/Bachelor’s degree.
- 3+ years of legal experience in a regulatory or transactions oriented role at a law firm or an in -house environment with law degree; Healthcare or benefits experience preferred.
- Ability to educate with every communication, using written and verbal communication to bring clarity and insight to clients and translating complex legal matters into relatable terms.
- Ability to collaborate cross-functionally.
- With general instruction, ability to organize and prioritize work independently while meeting multiple deadlines.
- Willingness to be adaptable and flexible in both thinking style and work style.
- Strong analytical and advocacy skills.
- Excellent listening and observational skills.
- Skill in using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions, or approaches to problems.
Benefits and perks:
- 12 days starting vacation, 12 holidays, 9 sick days and your birthday off!
- Low-cost premium medical insurance options
- 100% paid dental and vision insurance
- Generous 401(k) matching and flat contribution
- Social responsibility and volunteer opportunities, including 16 paid volunteer hours annually
- Employee LiveWell program, focusing on overall employee well-being
- Fertility and diabetes benefits
- Employee discount program: AT&T/Verizon, entertainment, travel, and more!
- Culture of learning: career development and tuition reimbursement
- Career growth: we love promoting from within
At Delta Dental we:
- Promote accountability, integrity and collaboration: Our employees are collaborative, self-aware, and ethical. It is our expectation to do the right thing and follow through on commitments.
- Foster professional development: Our employees take ownership of developing themselves and others through coaching, mentoring and providing/being open to constructive feedback and identifying learning opportunities.
- Value customers and cultivate positive experiences: Our employees take time to build rapport with customers, while anticipating and exceeding their needs to ensure positive outcomes.
If you think this sounds like you, let’s chat. We would love to tell you more! For more information and to apply:
For the San Francisco office location, please visit: https://jobs.lever.co/deltadentalins./70284ac8-e1c8-4391-baaf-454bd8553140
For the Rancho Cordova office location, please visit: https://jobs.lever.co/deltadentalins./63b84b87-0546-41d1-9e45-c94c2d209263