Counsel III, Provider Operations
From acquisition of products and services, real estate
transactions, and new ventures to union grievances, provider
operations, and liability claims, this group encompasses all of
Kaiser Permanente’s legal and government counseling and provides
cost-effective legal support across all functions.
In this role, you will provide counsel to Kaiser Permanente Hospitals and health care providers regarding day-to-day regulatory and operational matters and requires a general health law background. This is an opportunity to have a broad provider regulatory practice, supporting Kaiser Permanente’s operations as an integrated delivery system in California and the eight other jurisdictions where Kaiser Permanente operates.
- At least seven years of experience as an attorney in a law firm, company, or in government in one or more health law or health care regulatory legal specialties
- A bachelor’s degree
- A juris degree
- State Bar license
- Membership in local Bar association
- The ability to demonstrate skillful insight into critical business problems and emerging legal issues
- The proven ability to render timely and sound legal advice within applicable legal principles
- The ability to maintain current knowledge of specialty area
Preferred Qualifications Include:
- Significant experience counseling hospitals and other providers regarding Medicare and Medicaid fee-for-service billing and regulatory requirements
- Experience in the health care industry
- Experience advising complex organizations with interaction between multiple legal entities
- Demonstrates skillful insight into critical business problems and emerging legal issues
- Proven ability to render timely and sound legal advice within applicable legal principles
- Excellent written and oral advocacy skills and strong interpersonal skills
- Current knowledge of specialty area
- Positive personality that will be an asset to the group
- Comfortable reaching out to others to learn and develop necessary skills
- The ability to work collaboratively in a team setting
For immediate consideration, please visit http://kp.org/careers for complete
qualifications and job submission details, referencing job number
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran, or disability status.
This position supports Kaiser Permanente’s code of conduct and compliance by adhering to all laws and regulations, accreditation and licensure requirements, and internal policies and procedures.