Director, Corporate Compliance
Children's Hospital Los Angeles
The Director, Corporate Compliance provides leadership to the department, serving as an effective communicator and manager of the organization’s vision and goals, and the department’s role in achieving those goals. This position determines and evaluates the extent and significance of audit exposure of all operations and areas of the Hospital, plans and implements the corporate compliance program, and maintains a working knowledge of relevant issues, laws and regulations.
Minimum Education/Training/Experience Required:
- Undergraduate degree in accounting or a masters degree in business or health care administration
- 7 or more years of experience of direct audit and compliance responsibilities with an academic and research medical center
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Views the essential role of compliance as facilitative, not punitive
- Possesses a strong understanding of health care industry and regulatory standards including the Medi-Cal program and research regulations
- Serves as a personal role model for compliant behavior consistent with the mission, vision, and values of CHLA
- Implements forward looking approach to predict trends and create solutions, not merely the ability to identify problems
- Able to develop partnerships, high functioning teams, and good working relationships across work units
- Fosters an open, transparent, and collaborative management style; Experience with decision making in the face of imperfect and uncertain information
- Possesses good presentation skills with both large and small groups; Able to operate effectively in an ambiguous and frequently changing environment
- Demonstrates a leadership presence that projects credibility, integrity, discretion, and confidentiality; Is self-motivating, curious, and independent
- Understands and executes a focus on best practices
- Consistently demonstrates and promotes an optimistic and enthusiastic work environment; Is Prompt; Develops work product that is accurate, comprehensive and detail-oriented
- Possess knowledge of GAAP standards and principles; Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, and governmental regulations
- Ability to write clear, concise reports, business correspondence, and procedures; Self-reliant with Windows Office applications
- Algebraic skills
License, Registration or Certification Required:
- Certification in Healthcare Compliance by the Health Care Compliance Association is strongly preferred.
- CPA or auditor certificate from the Institute of Internal Auditors is preferred
If you’re looking for an enriching and professionally supportive environment, please apply online at https://jobs.chla.org/job/los-angeles/director-corporate-compliance/277/9023518.