Director, Healthcare Consulting
Mazars USA LLP
Mazars USA LLP is an independent member firm of Mazars Group, an international audit, tax and advisory organization with operations in over 90 countries. With roots going back to 1921 in the US, the firm has significant national presence in strategic geographies, providing seamless access to 26,000+ professionals around the world. Our industry specialists deliver tailored services to a wide range of clients across sectors, including individuals, high-growth emerging companies, privately-owned businesses, and large enterprises.
Mazars works as a single, integrated team, committed to helping our clients and people succeed by respecting who they are and how they work, adapting our approach accordingly. We take pride in what we do and are committed to playing our part in building the economic foundations of a fair and prosperous world.
Are you a healthcare regulatory and compliance professional with a strong work ethic and desire to use your skills on a variety of complex projects? Our Consulting practice is seeking a Director level Healthcare Regulatory and Compliance Consultant for a highly challenging position where the candidate must rely on strong analytical, creative, and interpersonal skills, which are essential for growing the healthcare practice. This position will work with senior management and a diverse, cross-functional team to develop business strategies, new healthcare product offerings, cultivate new client opportunities, manage staff, and advise clients on optimal solutions unique to their organization’s needs.
The preferred location for this position is in either our Sacramento or Los Angeles offices. However, this position can take place in any of our U.S. office locations. Our firm has offered our employees the option to work remotely at this time.
- Lead client engagements and cross-functional project teams of consultants while working with a variety of clients, from health plans and other risk-bearing organizations to hospitals, large physician practices, and other healthcare organizations
- Manage client relationships with a balanced and multi-faceted approach, to include: superior customer service, relationship building, accurate application of scope of work tasks, appropriate application of standards and legislative requirements, negotiation of timelines for fieldwork and deliverables, and the production of high-quality, timely work products
- Effectively manage time, set priorities, delegate, as well as both work independently and as a collaborative team member to meet both internal firm goals and client deliverables
- Communicate with clients, co-workers, all levels of professionals and providers, and government officials professionally and effectively and consistently employ a solutions-oriented, inclusive, communicative, and collaborative mentality
- Develop business through networking and relationship building to secure new client engagements and expand existing client business in line with a client’s specific business goals, strategy, financials, and challenges
- Work closely with the Partners/Principals and the consulting team to develop and implement the firm’s overall marketing strategies, plans and programs, corporate communications, client strategies, and goals
- Provide subject matter expertise, analytic interpretation, and development of healthcare offerings to build capabilities for clients and the Mazars organization
- Demonstrate industry-specific thought leadership through articles, presentations, and speaking engagements
- Act in a leadership capacity within the practice and as a mentor and guide to junior staff as part of the Firm’s professional development and talent management programs
- Maintain consistent compliance with all firm administrative and professional requirements Professional presentation in all areas of communication, as well as professional appearance
- Perform assigned duties and responsibilities in a professional manner that reflects the firm’s style, reputation, and overall goals
- Ability to travel to client sites, estimated at 25% per year
- Juris Doctorate and/or other advanced degree from a healthcare-related field preferred (MHA, MPA, MPP, MBA)
- HCCA Certification in healthcare compliance and/or privacy compliance preferred
- 10+ years of experience working with healthcare compliance, regulatory, and accreditation requirements and regulatory agencies and accreditation bodies (e.g., California DHCS, California DMHC, CMS, DHHS OIG, HEDIS, NCQA), preferably in a health plan environment
- Compliance Department or other operational leadership experience within a California-based health plan preferred
- Prior healthcare consulting and/or project management experience preferred
- High-level computer expertise, including Word, Excel, Adobe, PowerPoint required
- Exceptional writing, editing, and presentation skills required
What We Offer:
- Competitive base salary and incentive compensation plan
- A comprehensive, competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental and life insurance plans, a generous paid days’ off (PDO) plan, and a competitive 401k Plan
- A dynamic, diverse work experience in a growing global organization
- An inclusive, client-centered environment where you can develop new skills, enhance your overall business knowledge and work with world-class professionals
- Intensive customized training, including in-house leadership development programs, continuing professional education courses, and both classroom and on-the-job training
- Opportunity for International Mobility experiences are also made available
To apply, please submit the online application form, available at: https://wm.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/experienced/job/Sacramento-Remote/Director–Healthcare-Consulting_R0001331