Southern California Permanente Medical Group
The Southern California Permanente Medical Group (SCPMG) is one
of the nation’s largest medical groups, composed of 7,600
physicians and over 40,000 managers, advanced practice providers,
and employees. Together with Kaiser Foundation Health Plan, Inc.
and Kaiser Foundation Hospitals, SCPMG provides care to 4.5
million Kaiser Permanente members in the Southern California
region in 233 medical office buildings in 14 Kaiser Foundation
hospitals and multiple contract facilities. SCPMG also has a
controlling interest in The Southeast Permanente Medical Group
(TSPMG) in Atlanta, Georgia. Together with Kaiser Foundation
Health Plan of Georgia, Inc. and Kaiser Foundation Hospitals,
TSPMG provides care to more than 300,000 Kaiser Permanente
members in the Georgia region.
SCPMG’s General Counsel has overall responsibility for providing, managing and coordinating SCPMG’s legal, legislative, and government relations work, as well as leading a team of four attorneys and other professionals and administrative staff. The General Counsel provides support to the SCPMG Board of Directors with legal analysis and guidance. This role also consults with TSPMG’s General Counsel and is responsible for work on federal and state legislative matters. The position is in Pasadena, California. Modest travel is required.
Minimum Qualifications Include:
- Ten years’ experience advising health care institutions. Consideration will be given to qualified candidates advising health care institutions and clinical experience with a combined total of ten or more years’ experience.
- Law degree from an accredited law school
- Membership in the California Bar or eligibility for admission
- Significant experience reflecting the ability to function successfully in a complex organization
- Strong leadership and coaching skills
- Proven ability to render timely and sound legal and strategic advice
- Excellent persuasion and negotiation skills
- Excellent communication skills, both orally and in writing
- Expertise in corporate governance matters
- General knowledge of California law and/or past law practice
in the areas of:
- Medical malpractice
- Employment and/or labor law
- Federal and California health care laws and regulations
- California law applicable to physicians and other health care providers, including
- licensing boards and hospital matters
Preferred Qualifications Include:
- Familiarity with Kaiser Permanente
- Experience as a health care professional
- Public speaking skills
Please submit your resume and letter of interest to Rita Essaian,
Executive Administrator, SCPMG Human Resources, 393 E. Walnut
Street, 3rd Floor, Pasadena CA 91188 or to firstname.lastname@example.org
SCPMG is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status.
External hires must pass a background check and drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance.