Momentum for Health
Momentum for Health is one of the largest nonprofit providers of
behavioral health services in Santa Clara County. Each year, we
serve 4,000 adults and youth living with a mental illness. Our
comprehensive programs and services include prevention and early
intervention, adult and transitional age youth (14 to 24)
outpatient services, employment services, day rehabilitation,
addiction treatment services, residential treatment, supported
housing, and a volunteer program. In addition, Momentum works to
reduce and eliminate stigma that surrounds mental illness and
behavioral health care through a community relations program that
promotes education, diversity, and collaboration.
We offer a competitive package of employee benefits for 30 to 40-hour week positions. You will receive a defined contribution amount of $11,577.00 per year. (prorated for part-time employees working less than 40 hours per week) to purchase the benefits of your choice on a cafeteria plan basis. Any amount of this defined contribution not used towards your benefits will be paid to you as taxable earnings. We offer a retirement plan with a generous employer match starting at 4% after one year of employment. Our paid time off is also more generous than many employers with vacation time accruing up to 25 days per year, 6 days of sick time per year and 11 paid holidays.
The benefits offered in our cafeteria plan are as follows:
- Medical benefits – 5 options from Kaiser, ranging from $0 Deductible Plan with $15 Co-pay to $2,850 Deductible Plan with Health Savings Account (H.S.A.)
- Dental benefits – 3 options from MetLife: 1 dental HMO and 2 PPOs
- Vision benefits – 2 options from VSP: a standard vision plan and an enhanced vision plan
- Section 125 flexible benefit plans for health care and dependent care expenses
- Optional benefits, including accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity, voluntary life insurance, commuter benefits, legal plan, identity theft protection and pet insurance.
PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Advise and support the Human Resources Department in legal
areas regarding recruiting, hiring, employee and labor relations,
performance management, leaves and accommodations,
compensation/benefits, compliance issues and other areas as
- Assist with compliance matters related to work visas.
- Assist COO-CFO with advice and support in areas including real estate and housing initiatives, mergers and acquisitions, and healthcare services related contracts and agreements.
- Assist the Director of Human Resources and serve as a key
member on the Management Bargaining Team during union
negotiations with SEIU Local 521.*
- Provide support during negotiations and write management proposals.
- Provide legal counsel and support to the Executive Team and the Board of Directors.*
- Provide leadership in risk management to ensure agency policies and procedures comply with applicable laws and regulations.*
- Write and review contracts/legal documents.*
- Present and/or speak in public at a variety of venues including management team, agency-wide, county, and other forums as needed.
- Perform other related responsibilities as assigned to support the overall strategic goals/objectives of agency.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITIES REQUIRED: (E = Essential; D = Desired)
- Jurist Doctorate degree qualified to practice in California. (E)
- At least five years of legal experience with focus in healthcare and non-profit; (D) labor and employment. (E)
- Computer literacy; MS Office applications (Word; Excel; Outlook), and Windows; (E) typing speed of 30 net wpm (E).
- Demonstrated ability to:
- Read, write, analyze and interpret complex documents; (E)
- Respond effectively to sensitive topics; (E)
- Balance competing demands and satisfy the conflicting needs of a multi-stakeholder-based constituency with tact and diplomacy; (E)
- Offer ideas and solutions that are sound, creative, and cost effective; (E)
- Identify trends, assess risk, define problems, collect data, establish facts, and make recommendations which support the mission and strategic direction of the agency; (E)
- Employ analytical and critical thinking skills; (E)
- Be flexible and adapt to a changing work environment and work priorities; (E)
- Provide leadership, working independently and in a team environment; (E)
- Engage and communicate effectively with others in both verbal and written English; legible handwriting; issue clear, concise written and oral communications in various forms, such as emails, reports, and recommendations; (E)
- Exercise good judgment and act calmly in all situations; (E)
- Engender trust and respect, and maintain confidentiality; (E)
- Work effectively with persons differing in value systems, ethnicity, cultural backgrounds, language capabilities and disabilities; (E)
- Exhibit exemplary customer service, compassion, and care in the execution of all duties and interactions. (E)
- Knowledge of:
- Federal and State employment law; (E)
- The Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA); (E)
- Work visas/permits; (E)
- Medicare law; (D)
- Mergers and acquisitions; (D)
- Special Requirements: Must be able to meet and receive a criminal records clearance, as required by Title XXII, other licensing regulations, and Momentum practices. (E)
- A valid California Driver License, with access to a reliable vehicle/for driving a company vehicle, current proof of auto liability insurance, and a clean DMV. (E)
- Physical requirements needed to perform the essential
functions of this job, with or without accommodation: (E)
- Hearing and talking on telephone and in person; standing, walking, sitting, pinching and finger flexion are required constantly (over 2/3 of the workday); (E)
- Lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling, bending, stooping, crouching, and kneeling are required occasionally; (E)
- Balancing, climbing and crawling are generally not required;
Pay: $110,000.00 – $130,000.00 per year
We are following ALL CDC protocols.
To apply, please submit the online application form, available at: https://recruiting.ultipro.com/MOM1000MFMH/JobBoard/53040afd-825c-446f-a738-19051ad66802/OpportunityDetail?opportunityId=13c65a2e-c86b-45e9-a40a-ea068b4683af