Program Manager – Compliance
Located in Southern California, Eisenhower Health is a
not-for-profit hospital seeking a Program Manager-Compliance –
This position manages, implements and administers the Eisenhower Medical Center Compliance Program by monitoring compliance and patient privacy policies, conducting compliance audits and investigations, providing employee education on compliance issues, and maintaining compliance records and documentation
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Certification in Healthcare Compliance (CHC) and/or Certificate in Healthcare Privacy Compliance (CHPC) preferred
- Minimum of five years of healthcare compliance experience
Demonstrates compliance with Code of Conduct and compliance policies, and takes action to resolve compliance questions or concerns and report suspected violations.
Training and Education:
- Creates new and innovative ways to communicate compliance policies and issues to staff across the organization.
- Stays abreast of the latest developments, advancements, and trends in compliance by attending seminars/workshops, reading professional publications, and participating in professional organizations.
- Maintains an awareness of current laws, statutes, and regulations that impact healthcare operations.
- Develops content for and coordinates the compliance training program including updating the program as needed to address changes to the law, results of audits and investigations, results from previous training programs, trends in Compliance Hotline reports, and guidance from federal and state agencies.
- Trains clinical and non-clinical staff at all levels within the organization using various methods of communication to effectively communicate key compliance topics.
- Oversees support staff to ensure maintenance of compliance training records including attendance logs and copies of materials distributed at training sessions.
Reporting and Investigations:
- Investigates compliance and privacy related matters which includes conducting interviews with clinical and non-clinical staff to gather facts.
- Ensures timely reporting of patient privacy breaches to meet federal and state deadlines.
- Documents findings and makes recommendations for corrective action plans based on investigation findings.
- Maintains complete records of all investigations.
Auditing and Monitoring:
- Identifies compliance risk areas that should be addressed by the Compliance Program.
- Assists the CCO/IPO with the development of the annual Compliance Program audit plan.
- Implements and manages the annual Compliance Program audit plan.
- Conducts compliance audits as outlined in the Compliance Program audit plan as well as ad hoc audits at the direction of the CCO/IPO.
- Partners effectively with organizational leaders to monitor compliance risk areas.
- Monitors the performance of the Compliance Program and related activities on a continuing basis, taking appropriate steps to improve its effectiveness.
Monitoring Compliance Policies and Procedures:
- Periodically reviews policies and procedures related to the Compliance Program, including patient privacy policies, to determine if revisions are necessary.
- Coordinates compliance policy development and/or revisions with organizational leaders, when necessary.
Managing Compliance Records:
- Oversees support staff responsible for maintaining the Compliance Hotline database by ensuring all reports are investigated and resolved.
- Maintains complete, accurate, and timely closure documentation of complaints from patients and staff including reports received through the Compliance Hotline.
- Oversees support staff responsible for maintaining compliance and privacy program logs and databases.
- Assists the CCO/IPO with preparing reports to the Compliance Committee of the Board.
Eisenhower is proud to offer:
- Competitive compensation
- A generous benefits package and matched retirement plan
- Health and wellness programs
Near Palm Springs, California, our vibrant community offers an
enviable lifestyle including affordable housing, minimal traffic,
world-class dining and shopping, and year round recreational
activities. Additionally, Eisenhower Health is less than two
hours away from sandy beaches and mountain resorts.
At Eisenhower Health, we offer a progressive environment with an emphasis on individual growth and advanced medical practices seldom seen in other hospitals. As a not-for-profit and comprehensive health care institution, we are honored to be recognized as one of the top-ranking hospitals in California. For 2017-2020, U.S. News and World Report has ranked us as the #1 performing hospital in the Riverside Metro area and #16 in California, placing us in the top six percentile of hospitals in the state. In addition, we were within the 20 percent of hospitals nationwide to receive five star stars from the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services, in its Overall Hospital Quality and Star Rating (#2017-2018).
Located on 130 acres in Rancho Mirage, we offer our community a 517-bed acute care hospital with telemetry, critical care and medical/surgical floors. We also have a multitude of specialty centers on our campus including The Betty Ford Center, The Barbara Sinatra Children’s Center, The Annenberg Center for Health Sciences and The Lucy Curci Cancer Center.
Eisenhower Health has recently been granted Magnet recognition by the ANCC for its nursing excellence, which makes us the first and only hospital in the Inland Empire to achieve this prestigious Magnet distinction. For the fifth consecutive year, Eisenhower Health has been recognized as a Leader in LGBT Healthcare Equality by the Human Rights Campaign (HRC) Foundation (2017-2020), a testament to our commitment to provide equitable care.
In 2017-2020, U.S. News recognized Eisenhower Health as one of the High Performing Hospitals in these specific areas: Geriatrics, Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm Repair, Aortic Valve Surgery, Chronic Obstructive, Pulmonary Disease (COPD), Colon Cancer Surgery, Heart Bypass Surgery, Heart Failure, Hip Replacement, Knee Replacement, Lung Cancer Surgery. Eisenhower Health is the only hospital in Riverside and San Bernardino counties to be named one of the nation’s 50 Top Cardiovascular Hospitals by IBM Watson Health for 2016 & 2017.
Eisenhower Health has had a great deal of growth in our Clinic Divisions throughout the Coachella Valley. We also cultivate an environment that fosters outstanding levels of employee engagement and was one of only 20 organizations nationwide to receive the Workplace of the Year Award from The Advisory Board Company (2016-2017).
Eisenhower is an equal opportunity employer.
Come JOIN our TEAM! To apply for a position now please visit: