Senior Associate Attorney
Simas & Associates, Ltd.
Statewide health care, administrative law, regulatory and
employment law firm seeks experienced senior associate for our
San Luis Obispo Office.
Do you want to be part of a collaborative, creative, dedicated, boutique law firm team that values and recognizes ideas, hard work, and efficiency? As our website states, we have been “[s}afeguarding and protecting the rights of healthcare providers, professional licensees, employers, and highly regulated businesses since 2002.” We are seeking a self-starter and leader to grow our team, contribute to our firm culture, and provide excellent client service. A developed practice area or book of business is a plus.
PLEASE SEE SUBMISSION INSTRUCTIONS BELOW as the interview starts with your resume submittal. Simas & Associates is looking for:
- Graduate from an ABA or California accredited law school
- Admitted to the State Bar of California
- Good standing with State Bar
- Six or more tears of legal experience
- Hearing or trial experience
- Strong work ethic
- Desire to mentor and lead
Simas & Associates needs someone who is not afraid of computers,
technology, or learning new things that will make their jobs
easier. If you aren’t confident in your tech skills and ability
to learn, you are not the right person for this job. You will be
expected to communicate with other team members, clients and the
courts via zoom or video conferences. You must be competent and
proficient in the use of Word, Outlook, timekeeping and case
management software. You must be able to navigate the web like
Magellan navigated the 7 seas. You must be able to multitask and
able to handle working with several different databases of
We are fully invested in firm culture, our core values, policies and procedures, and systems. We appreciate and nurture creativity and innovation, but also value highly collaborative team players. We expect your input in creating and improving our systems and processes in order to best serve our clients. The right candidate will take personal responsibility and ownership over client focused developing solutions.
Why would you apply?
- Autonomy and independence in working the cases assigned to you – we don’t believe in micro-managing
- Mentoring with a legal expert with more than 30 years of experience.
- Fulfill your passion for helping clients through difficult times
- Join our firm culture which appreciates and supports your suggestions for improvement and ability to problem solve
- Be part of a cohesive team that respects every position in the law firm and treats no position as better than the next
- Enjoy work/life balance
- Opportunity for quarterly performance bonuses, career advancement, management, and potentially a partnership
- Live on the beautiful and desirable Central Coast
What do we expect from you?
- Manage case progress including various team meetings
- Serve as a mentor and leader for other team members
- Conduct quarterly reviews of legal team assessing substantive legal work, compliance with policies and procedures, and professional development goals.
- A client focused attorney providing elite service:
- Review and respond to correspondence from clients and opposing counsel. Advise clients on all their legal options. Complete strategy meeting with client at inception of representation by the firm. Prepare clients for hearings and depositions. Prepare case strategy and case strategy team oversight while giving direction on all complex cases, including cases set for long cause hearings. Represent clients in litigation at various administrative and court hearings throughout California
- Competitive salary ($95k to $120K DOE and bonus plans)
- 401(K) profit sharing and employer match
- Health insurance
- Dental and vision insurance
- Group life/disability insurance
To Apply, submit a PDF resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Cover Letter must include:
- Why you think you are a good fit for our office
- Available start date
- Salary requirements and
- One improvement you made for the last firm/agency you worked for and how it added value to the firm and clients.
Those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
While Simas & Associates will perform our due diligence on you, we will not immediately contact your current employer about your application so if this position interests you please apply.