Senior Corporate Counsel
Senior Counsel is responsible for supporting a wide variety of
legal matters across the Hoag enterprise. The ideal candidate
will be a healthcare attorney with expertise in contract
development and management, transactions with physicians, medical
foundation operations, clinical research, payer contracting,
privacy and security, and licensing.
Essential functions include:
- Providing practical, solutions-oriented legal advice, guidance, and representation to Hoag and its related entities with respect to healthcare transactions, physician compensation arrangements, and hospital and clinic operations.
- Reviewing and negotiating commercial contracts, clinical research agreements, agreements with physician-entities, and payer agreements.
- Developing policies and procedures to operationalize best practices and ensure regulatory compliance.
- Communicating with regulators and advising on licensing issues.
- Providing business and legal perspective and advice on a wide range of strategic, tactical and operational issues.
- Relevant areas of law include corporate law, mergers and acquisitions, governance, joint ventures, regulatory matters, fraud and abuse, privacy and security, provider-payor contracts, digital health, clinical research, and employment.
- Developing facts in support of legal diligence and investigations.
- Corporate governance support
- Other related tasks as assigned.
Education and Experience
- Graduate from a law school accredited by the American Bar Association
- Eight (8) years of post-Juris Doctorate legal experience as a healthcare attorney, which may be a combination of private practice, government agency practice, and/or in-house position.
- License Required
- Member in good standing with the California Bar.
More information about the role: This is a full-time, on-site opportunity and reports to our Senior Vice President, Chief Legal Officer.
For more information and to apply, please visit: https://jobs.hoag.org/job/Newport-Beach-SENIOR-GENERAL-COUNSEL-LEGAL-GENERAL-COUNSEL-CA-92657/876760100/