Senior Counsel – Corporate and Commercial Law
This position will support Kaiser Permanente Legal Department’s sourcing, procurement and supply chain operations focusing on all aspects of its vendor sourcing and contracting processes. The position reports to the Practice Group Manager – Corporate and Commercial Law – and will work closely with national, regional, and local employees and clinicians across the Health Plan and Hospital business entities to support Kaiser Permanente’s operations. Responsibilities include advising supply chain and enterprise shared services leadership on strategic and operational issues relating to suppliers, including the negotiation, and drafting of complex supplier agreements and advising on compliance with anti-kickback and privacy requirements and policies.
This position is also responsible for the development of tools, templates, and training to increase the efficiency and compliance of the vendor contracting process at Kaiser Permanente.
- Minimum eight (8) years of experience with the negotiation and drafting of vendor contracts, including experience at a law firm and/or in-house.
- Member of the California Bar.
- Excellent academic credentials
- Strong background handling vendor disputes and settlements.
- Experience providing advice on HIPAA, Business Associate Agreements and the Anti-Kickback statute in vendor arrangements and contracts.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience the negotiation and drafting of marketing and sponsorship agreements.
- Experience with vendor arrangements involving the transfer of data and intellectual property.
- Demonstrated skill in managing the sufficiency, alignment, and efficient allocation of outside legal resources.
- Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues on complex legal matters and to promote the development, sharing, and replication of best practices and learnings across the Legal Department.
- Ability to handle and prioritize multiple matters simultaneously and effectively in a high-volume environment.
- Client service focus and commitment to professionalism.
- Positive attitude, organized, self-motivated, strong interpersonal skills, and able to thrive in a team setting.
- Experience in managing team-based projects, with documented leadership success
- Demonstrated qualities consistent with the Legal Department’s preferred operating style, i.e., mutual respect, fairness, honesty, ethical behavior, independent, creative thinking while operating as a team member.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with customers, colleagues, and subordinates.
- Excellent written, oral and negotiation communication skills.
- Demonstrates high emotional intelligence and the ability to generate enthusiasm and commitment among colleagues.
- Twelve (12) years of experience with the negotiation and drafting of vendor contracts, including experience at a law firm and/or in-house.
- Experience in the healthcare industry a plus.
For more information and to apply, visit: https://www.kaiserpermanentejobs.org/job/oakland/senior-counsel-corporate-and-commercial-law/641/8236992.