Senior Counsel – Health Plan and Payor Operations
As a member of the Legal Department’s Health Plan and Payor Operations Practice Group, this position will focus primarily on health plan and insurance regulatory matters affecting a broad range of health plan operations. This is a broad regulatory practice supporting Kaiser Permanente-s operations as an integrated delivery system in California and the eight other jurisdictions where Kaiser Permanente operates. The position will also work closely with colleagues supporting provider operations, Medicare, FEHBP, and other practice areas, as well as with colleagues supporting other Kaiser regions.
- Minimum eight (8) years of practice in the health law field (excluding workers’ compensation and medical malpractice).
- JD required.
- Successful candidate will have demonstrated experience in most or all of the above-reference areas.
- Active membership in the California Bar (or membership within 1 year from date of hire).
- Excellent academic and professional qualifications.
- Excellent references.
- Superior writing and analytical skills based on substantial experience advising complex organizations.
- Solid work ethic, excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal), and sharp analytical skills.
- Ability to work independently and to work collaboratively as part of a team.
- Desire to develop a versatile and diverse health care practice.
- Minimum twelve (12) years of practice in the health law field (excluding worker’s compensation and medical malpractice), including a minimum eight (8) years of health plan regulatory experience representing managed care/insurance organizations and integrated delivery systems.
For more information and to apply, visit: https://www.kaiserpermanentejobs.org/job/oakland/senior-counsel-health-plan-and-payor-operations/641/8643132.