Senior Counsel, Labor and Employment
In this role, you will represent the program in traditional labor and employment laws.
- Membership in the California Bar and excellent academic and professional qualifications. JD required
- At least twelve years of experience providing legal advice and representation on traditional labor law and employment discrimination law, including complex disability and leave issues
- Experience practicing in federal and/or state court and before federal and state regulators and administrative agencies, including the EEOC and the DFEH
- Experience in the health care industry
- Excellent written and oral advocacy skills and strong interpersonal skills
- Familiarity with occupational safety and health, wage and hour law, and public policy/whistleblowing retaliation laws is preferred
For immediate consideration, please visit http://kp.org/careers for complete qualifications and job submission details, referencing job number 757025.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran, or disability status.
This position supports Kaiser Permanente’s code of conduct and compliance by adhering to all laws and regulations, accreditation and licensure requirements, and internal policies and procedures.