Senior Counsel, Provider Operations
The position provides counsel to Kaiser Permanente hospitals and
health care providers regarding regulatory and operational
matters. This is an opportunity to have a broad provider
regulatory practice, supporting Kaiser Permanente’s operations as
a non-profit integrated delivery system, including hospitals,
ambulatory surgery centers, clinics, home health, hospice,
ancillary services, and pharmacies, in California and the eight
other jurisdictions where Kaiser Permanente operates.
- Serve as Provider Operations assignee to several California hospitals regarding regulatory and operational matters, such as state licensing, Medicare Conditions of Participation, accreditation standards, quality, credentialing and medical staff matters, patient consent, scope of practice, bioethics, and privacy.
- Advise Kaiser Foundation Hospitals and Health Plan leadership on complex regulatory issues impacting Kaiser Permanente operations and strategic plans across multiple legal business entities.
- Collaborate with other Legal Department attorneys to advise national and regional leadership on complex and innovative care delivery models across the continuum of care.
- Serve as a subject matter expert and educational resource on specialized aspects of hospital and provider regulatory issues for business leaders and colleagues, depending on experience, but preferably in the areas of pharmacy law or reimbursement.
- Serve as a subject matter expert and resource for advocacy of Kaiser Permanente policy positions furthering Kaiser Permanente’s mission.
The position works closely with other members of the Provider
Operations Group, the VP & Assistant General Counsel, Provider
Operations and members of the Practice Management Team, members
of other Legal Department Practice Groups, Hospital and Health
Plan Senior Leadership, and other healthcare providers.
The position will manage outside counsel relationships as assigned for given legal matters pertaining to Provider Operations and engage in customary interactions with State and Federal regulators
- A minimum of 8 years of general health care law experience, including a minimum of 5 years of provider regulatory experience.
- A juris doctorate degree, required.
- Applicable bar license or willingness to obtain such license within two years is strongly expected.
- Successful candidate will have a working knowledge of hospital operations and physician practice matters and regulatory issues
- Experience providing interpretation and analysis of statutes, regulations and hospital and physician practice standards, processes and procedures.
- Superior writing and analytical skills based on substantial experience advising complex organizations with interaction between legal entities
- Excellent academic and professional qualifications.
- Solid work ethic, excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal), and sharp analytical skills.
- Ability to work independently and to work collaboratively as part of a team.
- A minimum of 10 years of general health care law experience, including a minimum of 8 years of provider regulatory experience strongly preferred.
- Intelligent and precise analytical writer.
- Articulate presenter.
- Strong work ethic.
- Good judgment.
- Positive personality that will be an asset to the group.
- Comfortable reaching out to others to learn and develop necessary skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively in team setting.
- Significant, high quality private practice experience and training.
In order to formally apply you’ll need to submit your application through the following link: https://www.kaiserpermanentejobs.org/job/pasadena/senior-counsel-provider-operations-pasadena-ca/641/15481384