Vice President, Policy
California Hospital Association (CHA)
The California Hospital Association (CHA) is seeking an individual to manage public policy issues related to hospital labor and employment matters. CHA is the statewide leader representing and advocating the interests of hospitals, health systems, and other health care providers in California in the legislative and regulatory arenas.
The Vice President Policy is responsible for legislative and regulatory matters involving hospital human resources, employment law and labor relations issues as well as other related policy matters. This position will collaborate as a team member with CHA staff, and member hospitals to address federal, state, and local legislation and regulations on these issues. This person will be a resource and provide assistance and guidance to association staff and hospital members. Advocacy responsibilities include reviewing and monitoring assigned legislation and draft regulatory language, preparing position letters and comments, providing testimony, and all other aspects of legislative and regulatory advocacy.
- Bachelor’s degree; JD and admission to California State Bar preferred.
- Relevant experience in human resources and labor relations issues or legislative/regulatory experience.
- Previous experience working on legislative, regulatory and public policy issues.
- Understanding of the federal and state regulatory process.
- Demonstrated ability to bring together diverse groups in a collaborative and effective manner.
- Must have outstanding oral, written, and public speaking communication skills.
- Experience and capability of communicating effectively at the CEO/Board of Directors level.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage projects, turning concept into reality.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze proposed legislation and regulations and effectively write position papers and documents.
- Ability to organize, plan, work independently, handle multiple projects and work well under pressure.
- Must be able to work under minimal supervision.
- Ability and willingness to collaborate and be a team member in the CHA-Regional Associations Federated Team model.
- Ability and willingness to work long and irregular hours.
- Ability and willingness to travel overnight.
CHA is a terrific group of hard-working professionals on a mission to ensure Californians have equitable access to affordable and high quality, medically necessary health care. We also care for our team members by offering a highly competitive compensation and benefits package, challenging and fun work environment.
If this position sounds like a good fit with your experience and interests, we’d love to hear from you! Please submit your resume and cover letter to https://workforcenow.adp.com/mascsr/default/mdf/recruitment/recruitment.html?cid=889fa99c-b269-4a02-a86f-f972f4b9ac20&ccId=19000101_000001&jobId=311237&source=CC2&lang=en_US.
Because we are a federal contractor, we are required to make sure you know that all qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, gender identification, sexual orientation or any other legally protected characteristic, or disability.