Vice President – Senior Corporate Counsel–Transactions
Providence St. Joseph Health
Providence St. Joseph Health is seeking a senior
transactional attorney who has significant experience in complex
mergers and acquisitions (M&A) to join a high-paced, dynamic
and engaged legal team. This candidate may work from any of our
primary offices (Renton, WA, Seattle, WA, Portland, OR, or
Irvine, CA). As a member of the legal team, the candidate will
provide legal guidance and counseling, both strategic and
tactical, to all areas of the organization. Potential candidates
must have a minimum of 15 years of experience in leading complex
M&A transactions from inception to close.
The candidate will be responsible for drafting and negotiating transaction documents, with emphasis on complex arrangements, including asset purchase, merger, strategic affiliation, joint venture and partnership, financing and credit, internal reorganization of service lines and operations, and related documents such as confidentiality, non-disclosure, and stock purchase agreements. Experience with entity formation, corporate finance, health care organizations, for-profit as well as non-profit transactions preferred. Experience with start-ups and innovation a plus.
- Draft, review and negotiate commercial contracts, with an emphasis on complex agreements including mergers and acquisitions, loan transactions, joint ventures, strategic alliances, and internal reorganizations.
- Supporting business teams in various legal and corporate projects to drive business growth and development.
- Appropriately manage a heavy workflow, setting priorities with internal clients and meeting deliverable timelines.
- Advising business teams on strategy and execution of all aspects of the organization.
- Acts as key thought leader and driver of the legal department with respect to transactional work; responsive to dynamic business environment and increasing pressures toward affordability, diversification of revenue streams, and innovation; aligns the legal department’s transactional resources and work in a manner consistent with PSJH’s current and long term strategy.
- The position requires a Doctor of Jurisprudence degree from an accredited law school, or the equivalent. Admission to state bar in Oregon, California or Washington (or willingness to obtain license in one of those states) required.
- The position requires at least 15 years of relevant experience with 5 years of experience working with a degree of independence successfully.
- Strong proficiency in drafting and negotiating commercial agreements related to mergers and acquisitions, loan transactions, joint ventures, strategic alliances, and internal reorganizations.
- Ability to recognize and weigh business and legal risks, think strategically and advance practical solutions.
- Understanding of IT, health care, data privacy, regulatory and compliance matters related to Medicare, Medicaid and HIPAA preferred.
- Ability to provide sound and practical advice on legal and business matters in a complex, fast-paced environment to a broad range of business teams.
- Superior drafting skills, especially the ability to draft contract language that is clear, concise, and easily understood, creating templates and processes to improve efficiency of the contract review process
- Superior communication skills in both written and verbal presentation, including all aspects of legal writing technique and procedure, and the ability to convey complex legal concepts to non-lawyers.
- Ability to function effectively and complete projects in a timely manner in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to focus on cost reduction through more efficient management of transactions and utilization of external resources.
For more information and to apply, please go to: http://www.providenceiscalling.jobs, and enter job ID 203419.