License of CSHA Logo to Members
The California Society for Healthcare Attorneys (CSHA) logo is the sole and exclusive property of CSHA. The logo may be used by CSHA members in good standing or organizations in accordance with the terms and conditions of this limited and revocable license. Use of the CSHA logo shall constitute consideration for, agreement to, and acceptance of the following terms and conditions of this license by the user:
- The CSHA logo (download) is the sole and exclusive property of CSHA. This logo may be used only by either (I) CSHA members in good standing, or (II) organizations, if and only if such use is made pursuant to the terms and conditions of this limited and revocable license. Any failure by a user to comply with the terms and conditions contained herein may result in the immediate revocation of this license, in addition to any other sanctions imposed by CSHA. The interpretation and enforcement (or lack thereof) of these terms and conditions, and compliance therewith, shall be made by CSHA (or its President on an interim basis until a final decision is made by the CSHA Board of Directors) in its sole discretion.
- The logo may not be revised or altered in any way, and must be displayed in the same form as produced by CSHA.
- The logo may only be used in the following circumstances:
- Member Use. By a CSHA member in a professional manner on the user’s business cards, stationery, literature, advertisements, website, or in any other comparable manner to signify the user’s membership in CSHA. If used to indicate a person’s individual membership in CSHA, the logo may never be used independent of the term “MEMBER;”
- Organizational Use (via Membership). Organizational Use (via Membership). In promotional materials of an organization (including law firms) with 50% or more of affiliated attorneys who are CSHA members, so long as the organization indicates that its attorneys are CSHA “MEMBERS,” or
- Organizational Use (via Sponsorship). In promotional materials of an organization to indicate its past sponsorship of CSHA, so long as such sponsorship occurred within the past 24 months.
- Notwithstanding the foregoing, the logo may not be used in any manner that, in the sole discretion of CSHA: discredits CSHA or tarnishes its reputation and goodwill; is false or misleading; violates the rights of others; violates any law, regulation or other public policy; or mischaracterizes the relationship between CSHA and the user, including but not limited to any use of the logo that might be reasonably construed as an endorsement, approval, sponsorship, or certification by CSHA of the user, the user’s business, organization or law firm, or the user’s products or services, or that might be reasonably construed as support or encouragement to purchase or utilize the user’s products or services. Nor may the logo be used for purposes other than those described in paragraph 3, above, such as for the distribution and sale of merchandise containing the CSHA logo.
- Use of the logo shall create no rights for users in or to the logo or their use beyond the terms and conditions of this limited and revocable license. The logo shall remain at all times the sole and exclusive intellectual property of CSHA. CSHA shall have the right, from time to time, to request samples of use of the logo from which it may determine compliance with these terms and conditions. Without further notice, CSHA reserves the right to prohibit use of the logo if it determines, in its sole discretion, that a user’s logo usage is not in strict accordance with the terms and conditions of this license, otherwise could discredit CSHA or tarnish its reputation and goodwill, or the user is not a CSHA member in good standing. In addition, CSHA reserves the right to change or terminate the terms and conditions of this license for use of its logo at any time and for any reason.
- Any questions concerning use of the logos or the terms and conditions of this license should be directed to the CSHA Executive Director.